Wednesday, January 28, 2009

31 Week Checkup


The C-section is finally scheduled! The official countdown begins! The babies will be delivered February 17 at 0730. We have to be there at 0430! Things are definitely getting more real every day! Dr. Suarez was happy today with everything...my cervix is long and closed, no problems other than me just being extremely uncomfortable. He is very optimistic that I will make 34 weeks...I sure hope I can hang in there. My hips are killing me at night and it doesn't help having to crawl in and out of bed every hour to pee! I just keep reminding myself that it will be worth it in the end when we finally have our boys! I haven't had any contractions (that I'm aware of) which is good...they seem to think most of the pain is just muscular since my cervix is so long. I go back to see the doctor next week and they will check the weights of the babies. Speaking of weight...I gained 11 pounds in one week! I about fell off the scale and had the nurse redo it! They assured me that this was fine...the babies are going through growth spurts plus I have a pocket of fluid at the bottom of my belly from all the pressure. I was also put on house arrest today too...just to be on the safe side. I wasn't really going anywhere anyway...just out to dinner and to the grocery store every now and then. So now I'm confined to my house till my next doctor appointment next Thursday. We'll see how that goes...at least I'm not in the hospital!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooo close! Can't wait to meet the little guys!!

    ReplyDelete